The manufacturing industry is a different beast when it comes to sales and marketing. As such, some of the sales and marketing materials used in the manufacturing space are quite unlike that of the B2C world. Manufacturing businesses make use of certain print materials that are unique to the industry, like:
- Sell Sheets
- Data/Materials Sheets
- Line Cards
- Parts Catalogues
As you know, each type serves its own purpose and covers different aspects of a product or service. Depending on what you’re selling, the specs can be pretty complex, variable, or highly specific. This can lead to difficulty in designing effective materials and complicated orders.
Considerations for Designing & Ordering Manufacturing Sales and Marketing Collateral
There’s a lot to consider when designing and ordering sales and marketing collateral for your manufacturing business, like:
- Variations for different audiences– Who are you targeting with this specific piece of collateral?
- Language requirements – Certain countries, like Canada, have more than one official language.
- Regulatory compliance – Have you taken into account all of the regulatory requirements for what and where you’re selling?
- Regional variations – If the product or service will be sold in different regions, there might be details that vary by area.
- Product measurement conversions – Sell sheets stating product dimensions or other measurements could require conversions.
- Maintaining brand consistency – You must ensure your company’s brand and message are consistent across all collateral.
Sales and Marketing Collateral That Converts
The list above consists mostly of the technical details involved in designing sales and marketing collateral for your manufacturing business. However, you’ll obviously want collateral that converts. Good sales and marketing collateral doesn’t just look good and meet the technical criteria; good collateral drives inquiries and phone calls.
To create collateral that delivers results, you need to first:
- Know your target market.
- Know your competitors.
- Know your sales points.
Once you’ve nailed down these points, you’ll be on your way to designing sales and marketing collateral that works for your business. However, the best way to ensure that your sales and marketing materials get results is to work with experienced manufacturing marketers.
Integrated Marketing Services for Your Manufacturing Business
It’s a lot to think about. But, the good thing is, you don’t have to! That’s what marketing companies are for. Even better, integrated marketing service providers, like Olivan, take care of everything – designing, printing, distributing, and managing all your sales and marketing collateral inventory. Olivan is set up to offer variable printing, customized packaging, and regional variations. Plus, our team consists of experienced designers and marketers who have specific industry knowledge.
Other Manufacturing Sales and Marketing Collateral
Olivan can also provide a variety of other sales and marketing collateral, including:
- Corporate brochures
- Product catalogues
- Sample boards
- Industry magazines