Personal Information collection
Some of the information that we collect from you, either indirectly, such as when you use the Site, or directly, such as when you make enquiries and purchases, is “Personal Information” since it personally identifies you, such as:
- Your name, address, phone number
- Your e-mail address, which may be combined with information about your use of the Site
- Identifiers, such as username and password
- Purchase information that may be combined with your personal profile
- Information about transactions for the purpose of completing your transactions (credit card information is collected separately for each transaction – we do not collect and store any credit card information)
Personal Information use
Your Personal Information is used to facilitate your use of the Site, your inquiries and to provide products and services to you. Specifically, your Personal Information may be used to:
- Facilitate your access to and use of the Site;
- In particular, the Site may use temporary cookies, to enable our server to recall a previous request or transaction. You may set your browser to turn cookies off, but this may affect the functionality of the Site for you;
- Communicate with you to respond to your questions;
- Confirm your orders;
- Ship products or provide you with services that you purchase;
- Send you statements and invoices;
- Collect payments; and
- Send you marketing communications by e-mail, when you agree in advance to receive them or where we have your implied consent as set out in CASL.
Personal Information disclosure
Securing your data
Olivan will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your Personal Information. We store all the Personal Information you provide on secure servers and in secure locations. Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via the Site will be protected by encryption technology.
Correcting your Personal Information
Privacy Officer, c/o Olivan Marketing Ltd., 1600 North Service Road E., Suite 112, Oakville, ON L6H 7G3
Your rights under CASL
In compliance with CASL, we will obtain your prior express consent to receive commercial electronic messages, such as e-mails and texts (“CEMs”) or we will confirm that the circumstances exist for us to rely on your implied consent (e.g. where you have purchased a product or service from us, we may rely on an implied consent for a period of two years after the purchase date or until you submit an “Unsubscribe” request to us).
You may change your e-mail address, e-mail preferences or elect not to receive CEMs from us at any time, by using the “Unsubscribe” link located on our CEMs to you. If you have any questions about our compliance with CASL, please contact our Privacy Officer, identified above.
Cross-border data transfers
Updated: Feb. 2, 2017.